Arriva London Palmers Green Bus Garage
Address: Regents Avenue, Palmers Green N13 5UR | Garage Code: AD | Opened: 1912 | Vehicles Allocated: 87
Vehicle Types Operated
Alexander Dennis Enviro400 | Wrightbus Eclipse Gemini 2 | Wrightbus Eclipse Gemini 3 | Wrightbus Streetdeck
Although now a bus garage, the building was first opened in October 1910 as an indoor roller skating rink called ‘Rosalies’. The purpose of the rink was to attract wealthy individuals to the area =, with the hope that they would purchase new properties that were being constructed at the time. However, in 1912, the craze for roller skating died off and the owners were forced into bankruptcy.
At around the same time, the London General Omnibus Company were preparing to extend their number 29 service to Southgate and to develop new services, which required garaging facilities in the area, so they purchased the site and converted the existing buildings.
The building has been used as a bus garage ever since, being modernised in 1952 and again in 1974. Several operators have used the site over it’s life and, since 1998, it has been under the ownership of Arriva London. Further addition to the site occurred in 2017 when 2 adjacent buildings were demolished to provide hard standing to the side of the existing garage.