April 13, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Harrow Fire Station-G21

London Fire Brigade Harrow Fire Station-G21

Details of London Fire Brigade’s G21 Harrow Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Harrow Fire Station


Command District:  Western
Borough: Harrow
Station Callsign: G21
Opened:  March 5th 1938
Address: 500 Pinner Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA5 5RW


Allocation

1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)
1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1626 Hoselayer Unit (HLU)
1 x Scania L320 Heavy Distribution Unit (HDU) – Utilised as a Bulk Foam Unit




Notes

Harrow Fire Station was opened by the Middlesex Fire Brigade in March 1938 to replace their existing station located in nearby High Street, which was opened in 1887 and rebuilt in 1914 but was no longer fit for purpose.

Ownership of the station passed to the London Fire Brigade upon the formation of the Greater London Council in 1965.