London Fire Brigade – E27 Erith Fire Station
Command District: Southeastern
Opened: 12 July 1961
Address: 52 Erith Road, Bexleyheath DA17 6HR
1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)
E27 Erith was opened by Kent Fire Brigade in 1961, replacing their former station in Bexley Road, itself a ‘temporary’ replacement for the original 1907 station on that site, which was destroyed by enemy action on 21st January 1944.
Ownership of the new station passed from Kent County Council to London Fire Brigade in 1965.