July 17, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Sidcup Fire Station

London Fire Brigade Sidcup Fire Station

London Fire Brigade Sidcup Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s E40 Sidcup Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

London Fire Brigade Sidcup Fire Station


Command District:  Southeastern
Borough: Bexley
Station Callsign: E40
Opened:  1914
Address: 156 – 158 Main Road, Sidcup, Kent DA14 6NZ


Allocation

2 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)





Notes

Sidcup Fire Station was constructed on this site by the Foots Cray Urban District and opened in 1914.

The station was built on the site of the previous 1902 station which was poorly constructed and had to be demolished.

Ownership passed to Sidcup Urban District in 1921, before passing again when Chislehurst and Sidcup UDC was formed in 1934. This new ownership extended the rear of the station premises to provide more facilities in that year.

World War II saw the station pass to the National Fire Service in 1939 and this lasted until 1948, when the NFS was disbanded and the station passed to Kent Fire Brigade.

With the creation of the Greater London Council and the redrawing of boundaries, the station passed to ownership of the London Fire Brigade in 1965.

In 2009, the station underwent an expansion and refurbishment to allow larger fire engines to be stationed here. The resulting new appliance bay was constructed at the rear of the existing building.

London Fire Brigade Sidcup Fire Station
London Fire Brigade Sidcup Fire Station