April 13, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade F38 Romford Fire Station

London Fire Brigade F38 Romford Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s F38 Romford Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Romford Fire Station


Command District:  Eastern
Borough: Havering
Station Callsign: F38
Opened: 1959
Address: 198 Pettits Boulevard, Romford, Essex RM1 4NU


Allocation

1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)




Notes

Romford Fire Station was constructed and opened in 1959 by the Essex County Fire Brigade.

The station was built to replace the existing building in Mawney Road which opened in 1890 and was closed in 1960 before being demolished.

Following the formation of the Greater London Council, ownership of the station was transferred to London Fire Brigade ownership in 1965.

Romford is also the ‘base station’ for the ongoing restoration of the former LFB turntable ladder 240 FLM (TL40). For more information, visit their website at https://www.240flm.co.uk/

240 FLM at A35 Enfield Fire Station’s Open Day in 2022