July 18, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Barking Fire Station

London Fire Brigade Barking Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s F43 Barking Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.


Barking Fire Station


Command District:  Eastern
Borough: Barking & Dagenham
Station Callsign: F43
Opened:  1937
Address:  Alfred’s Way, Barking IG11 0BB


Allocation

2 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)
1 x Scania L320 Heavy Distribution Unit (HDU) – Utilised as a Bulk Foam Unit
1 x Mercedes Benz Atego Hose Layer Unit (HLU)




Notes

Barking Fire Station was constructed and opened by the Municipal Borough of Barking in 1937.

The station was built to replace the existing 1894-built station on East Street, which had become unfit for purpose.

With the cessation of World War II and the dissolution of the National Fire Service, ownership of the station passed to the Essex County Fire Brigade in 1948.

The formation of the Greater London Council and the consequent redrawing of boundaries saw the site ownership pass to the London Fire Brigade in 1965.