April 13, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Kingston Fire Station-H41

London Fire Brigade Kingston Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s H41 Kingston Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Kingston Fire Station


Command District:  Southwestern
Borough: Kingston Upon Thames
Station Callsign: H41
Opened:  11 May 1960
Address: 390 Richmond Rd, Kingston upon Thames KT2 5PR


Allocation

1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)
1 x Mercedes Benz Actros Bulk Foam Unit




Notes

Kingston Fire Station began construction in 1958 and was completed in December 1959, with the Surrey Fire Brigade opening the building in May 1960.

The station was built to replace the existing Surrey Fire Brigade station in the Fairfield Cattle Market that had become life-expired and was demolished shortly after closure.

Following the creation of the Greater London Council and the redrawing of boundaries, ownership of the station passed to the London Fire Brigade in 1965.