July 17, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Richmond Fire Station-H42

London Fire Brigade Richmond Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s H42 Richmond Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Richmond Fire Station


Command District:  Southwestern
Borough: Richmond Upon Thames
Station Callsign: H42
Opened:  1963
Address: 323 Lower Richmond Road, Richmond, TW9 4PN


Allocation

1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)
1 x Optare Solo Command Support Unit (CSU)




Notes

Richmond Fire Station was constructed in 1962 by Surrey Fire Brigade, being opened in December 1963.

The station was built to replace the Surrey Fire Brigade’s existing 1932 building located in the former offices and stables of the Kew Road Horse Tramway. The building survives today and was most recently used as a prep school.

Following the creation of the Greater London Council, ownership of the station passed to the London Fire Brigade in 1965.