April 13, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade A40 Hendon Fire Station

London Fire Brigade A40 Hendon Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade's A40 Hendon Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Hendon Fire Station


Command District:  Northern
Borough: Barnet
Station Callsign: A40
Opened: 1914
Address: 91 The Burroughs, Hendon NW4 4BL


Allocation

2 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)



Notes

Hendon Fire Station was constructed on the current site in 1914 by the Municipal Borough of Hendon, to replace their existing facility in Greyhound Hill.

With the end of World War II, Hendon passed from the National Fire Service to the Middlesex Fire Brigade in 1948.

The formation of the Greater London Council saw the Middlesex Fire Brigade absorbed into the London Fire Brigade in 1965.

Hendon was granted Grade II Listed Building status in April 2002 and celebrated its Centenary in 2014.