April 13, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

West Hampstead Fire Station

London Fire Brigade A41 West Hampstead Fire Station

London Fire Brigade A41 West Hampstead Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade's A41 West Hampstead Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

West Hampstead Fire Station


Command District:  Northern
Borough: Camden
Station Callsign: A41
Opened: 6 February 1902
Address: 327B West End Lane, London NW6 1RS


Allocation

2 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)



Notes
West Hampstead was constructed in 1901 to plans by renowned London County Council architect W. A. Scott.

The station opened as West End Lane by the Metropolitan Fire Brigade on 6 February 1902, replacing the existing stations at St Johns Wood and Hampstead Village.

The Metropolitan Fire Brigade was renamed the London Fire Brigade in 1904.

West Hampstead was granted Grade II Listed Building status as a building of special architectural interest on 13th May 1974