April 13, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Old Kent Road Fire Station

London Fire Brigade Old Kent Road Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s E35 Old Kent Road Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Old Kent Road Fire Station


Command District:  Southeastern
Borough: Southwark
Station Callsign: E35
Opened:  1971
Address:  405 Old Kent Road, London SE1 5AA


Allocation

1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)
1 x Scania P410/Magirus M64L Turntable Ladder (TL-E)





Notes

London Fire Brigade Old Kent Road Fire Station was constructed and opened in 1971.

The station was built to replace the existing Metropolitan Fire Brigade Fire Station located further along the road that had opened in 1903, closing the same day the new station became operational.

The former MFB station was granted Grade II Listed Building status on 26th April 1989 and is still used today by an antiques & fireplace retailer.

Following a successful £52 million bid to the Department for Communities and Local Government for PFI funds in 2006, the London Fire Brigade announced Old Kent Road as one of ten fire stations in the Capital to be rebuilt.

This station was closed and demolished in 2014, with the current station opening in March 2015.

London County Council Old Kent Road Fire Station - CLOSED
The former London County Council Fire Station. Closed in 1971