April 13, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Ilford Fire Station

London Fire Brigade Ilford Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s F42 Ilford Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Ilford Fire Station


Command District:  Eastern
Borough: Redbridge
Station Callsign: F42
Opened:  1986
Address:  460 High Road, Ilford, Essex IG1 1UE


Allocation

2 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)



Notes

Ilford Fire Station was constructed and opened on this site in 1986.

The station was built to replace the former Ilford Municipal Borough station from 1902 on nearby Ley Street.

Following the end of World War II and the dissolution of the National Fire Service in 1948, ownership of this station was passed to Essex County Fire Brigade.

With the formation of the Greater London Council in 1965, and the redrawing of boundaries, the station passed to London Fire Brigade ownership.