July 17, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Surbiton Fire Station-H39

London Fire Brigade Surbiton Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s H39 Surbiton Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Surbiton Fire Station


Command District:  Southwestern
Borough: Kingston Upon Thames
Station Callsign: H39
Opened:  1931
Address: 31 Ewell Rd, Surbiton KT6 6AF


Allocation

1 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)



Notes

Surbiton Fire Station was constructed and opened in 1931 by the Surbiton Fire Brigade.

In the lead-up to World War II the station’s crews were supplemented by the Auxiliary Fire Service in 1938 before coming under the control of the National Fire Service in 1941.

With the dissolution of the National Fire Service in 1948, control of the station was passed to the Surrey Fire Brigade.

The formation of the Greater London Council and the subsequent redrawing of boundaries saw the London Fire Brigade assume control of the station in 1965.