July 18, 2024

LSPhotography Blog

Articles and News related to London's Emergency Services and Public Transport

London Fire Brigade Bromley Fire Station

London Fire Brigade Bromley Fire Station

Details of London Fire Brigade’s E39 Bromley Fire Station, including Address, Allocation and History.

Bromley Fire Station


Command District:  Southeastern
Borough: Bromley
Station Callsign: E39
Opened:  1906
Address: 4 South Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RH


Allocation

2 x Mercedes Benz Atego 1327 Dual Pump Ladder (DPL)





Notes

The station was constructed in 1904 by the Municipal Borough of Bromley and opened in 1906.

The new station was built to replace the existing fire station located in nearby West Street which was deemed too small for the needs of the fire brigade. The station building survives today as a restaurant.

With the outbreak of World War II the current station was commandeered by the National Fire Service and remained under this control until 1948.

Cessation of the war saw the NFS disbanded and ownership of the fire station was passed to the Kent Fire Brigade.

Following the formation of the Greater London Council and the redrawing of boundaries, Bromley Fire Station passed from the Kent Fire Brigade to the London Fire Brigade in 1965.